1. Carefully read and follow all the instructions on the Personal History Statement.
2. A typed application is preferred. If this is not possible, legibly and neatly print your application in block letters using black ink.
3. Do not print the Personal History Statement double sided.
4. Bring your completed Personal History Statement with you to testing.
5. Answer all questions completely and in detail, or use NO or NONE. Do not use N/A.
6. If you need additional space for your answers, please make an additional copy of the exact page to complete the requested information and only fill in the necessary information.
7. Do not notarize or attach a picture. This will be performed by Dallas police personnel.
8. You are responsible for obtaining correct and full addresses. All addresses must be complete with zip codes.
9. An accurate and complete Personal History Statement is mandatory in order to complete testing.
10. You are responsible for providing any changes and/or updates to your Personal History Statement such as address, employment, and telephone changes by email.
11. If listing military members as references, co-workers, supervisors, roommates or spouses please provide their military email addresses as this will expedite your background investigation.