- Document Instructions
Document Completion Instructions
- Carefully read and follow all the instructions on the Personal History Statement and Preliminary Interview Form.
- A typed application is preferred. If this is not possible, legibly and neatly print your application in block letters using black ink.
- Do not print the docuements double sided.
- Bring your completed Personal History Statement and Preliminary Interview Form with you to testing.
- Answer all questions completely and in detail, or use NO or NONE. Do not use N/A.
- If you need additional space for your answers, please make an additional copy of the exact page to complete the requested information and only fill in the necessary information.
- Do not notarize or attach a picture. This will be performed by Dallas police personnel.
- You are responsible for obtaining correct and full addresses. All addresses must be complete with zip codes.
- Accurate and complete documents are mandatory in order to complete testing.
- You are responsible for providing any changes and/or updates to your documents such as address, employment, and telephone changes by email.
- If listing military members as references, co-workers, supervisors, roommates or spouses please provide their military email addresses as this will expedite your background investigation.
PERSONAL HISTORY MUST BE RECEIVED IN PERSON. DO NOT FAX OR MAIL.