- Lost Property Report Form
Lost Property Report
In an effort to assist citizens of Dallas who have lost personal property while allowing police officers to remain available for emergency situations, the Dallas Police Department has enabled citizens to complete their own Lost Property Reports. These reports are available to all citizens with the following guidelines:
- Lost Firearms cannot be reported with this form. In the event of a lost firearm, call 911 to make the report.
- As an official document, any falsifications on the form may result in Criminal Charges for "Filing a False Police Report".
- Lost Property is not a criminal action and therefore will not generate any police follow-up. If lost property is due to a crime being committed, you will need to call 911 to make your report.
- Property listed on this form WILL NOT be entered into any of the crime databases. Property lost outside Dallas City Limits or last seen outside Dallas City Limits may not be reported to the Dallas Police Department. It must be reported to the agency with jurisdiction for that location.
To File your report:
- Complete the Lost Property Form leaving the Report Number blank. Be as thorough as possible including description of the lost item and a brief explanation of where and how the property was lost.
- Call (214) 744-4444 to obtain your Report Number. Inform the operator that you need a Report Number for a Lost Property Form.
- Write the Service Report Number in the appropriate box (located near the top of the form on the left hand side).
PLEASE NOTE: FORMS WITHOUT A REPORT NUMBER ARE NOT OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS AND WILL NOT BE RECORDED BY THE POLICE DEPARTMENT.
- Make a copy of the completed form - this will be your official police report. Mail the completed form to the following address:
Dallas Police Department
1400 S. Lamar Sr.
Dallas, TX 75215
ATTN Scan Unit