It is important to the Dallas Police Department that citizens are alert, vigilant and report suspicious activity. The importance is as critical today as it was immediately after the attacks of September 11, 2001 on the United States. We ask citizens to be aware of their surroundings and report suspicious activity. A quick accurate description of events can make a big difference in both Criminal and Terrorism related investigations.
Possible Indicators of Suspicious behavior or Terrorist Activities:
- Unusual or extended interest in public utilities, large public gatherings, transportation centers, government buildings and other possible terrorist targets.
- Unusual requests for information, particularly about security or procedures for at-risk buildings.
- May try to have a “cover story” or appear ‘normal’ in their behavior such as portraying a student or tourist
- Identity Documents may be in various names
- May carry and use large amounts of cash
- Unusual rentals, purchases, deliveries, or thefts, particularly of poisonous or flammable chemicals, explosives, weapons or vehicles (including planes or boats).
- Multiple sightings of the same suspicious person, vehicle, or activity.
- Bulk Fuel Distributors
- Construction Sites
- Dive/boat Shops
- Farm Supply Stores
- Financial Institutions
- General Aviation Airports
- Hobby Shops
- Home Improvement and Large Retail Stores
- Hotels and Motels
- Peroxide-based Explosives
- Rental Cars
- Rental Properties
- Rental Trucks
- Shopping Malls and Centers
- Storage Facilities