- Fusion Center
The Dallas Police Department's Fusion Center exchanges and disseminates information and intelligence data related to criminal activity, criminal enterprises and suspected terrorist activity within the Dallas Police Department's area of operations. The Fusion Center works with other local, state and federal law enforcement agencies to maintain an atmosphere of cooperation and collaboration in combating criminal activity. In addition, the Fusion Center provides real time tactical intelligence to officers in the field responding to emergency calls.
Suspicious Activity Reporting Policy.
The Crime Stoppers Squad receives tips and constructs "reward packets" for eligible callers. This squad is responsible for the weekly "wanted poster" featured in the newspaper. To report information about a crime you have seen or have information on, call the 24 hour hotline at 214-373-TIPS (8477) or 877-373-8477.
The iWatch system allows you to submit tips securely and anonymously by computer or your mobile telephone. Learn more about the iWatch program here:
It is important to the Dallas Police Department that citizens are alert, vigilant and report suspicious activity. The importance is as critical today as it was immediately after the attacks of September 11, 2001. We ask citizens to be aware of their surroundings and report suspicious activity. A quick and accurate description of events can make a big difference in both criminal and terrorism related investigations.
Possible Indicators of Suspicious Behavior or Terrorist Activities:
- Unusual or extended interest in public utilities, large public gatherings, transportation centers, government buildings and other possible terrorist targets.
- Unusual requests for information, particularly about security or procedures for at-risk buildings.
- May try to have a "cover story" or appear "normal" in their behavior such as portraying a student or tourist
- Identity Documents may be in various names
- May carry and use large amounts of cash
- Unusual rentals, purchases, deliveries, or thefts, particularly of poisonous or flammable chemicals, explosives, weapons or vehicles (including planes or boats.)
- Multiple sightings of the same suspicious person, vehicle, or activity.
Suspicious activity may be reported
online, by calling 214-671-4TIP, or by texting DPD and your tip to 274637 (CRIMES.)
Crime Analysis Unit
The Crime Analysis Unit analyzes crime trends and statistics for the city of Dallas in an effort to better utilize resources and respond to evolving law enforcement needs within the city.
Property Recovery Unit
The Property Recovery Unit reviews various online resources and pawn shops in an effort to recover property taken in a crime so that it can be returned to the rightful owner.